For the fifteenth time in the contest’s history OGAE Sweden won the OGAE Second Chance Contest! Their representative Mariette and her song ‘A Million Years’ stole the hearts of Eurovision fans from 33 countries, who crowned her the winner.
This year OGAE Second Chance Contest was held in Poland for the first time in its history, following Margaret’s win in the previous edition of the contest. A total of 22 clubs have entered their songs in hope of winning the Grand Prix, with 11 additional clubs voting as guest juries. The song they chose for the win was A million years by Mariette, who got the incredible 329 points in total, followed by Italy’s Paula Turci with 209 points, and Tayanna from Ukraine with 196 points.
Final – OGAE Second Chance Warsaw 2017!
Opublikowany przez OGAE Second Chance Contest – Warsaw 2017 na 7 października 2017
These are the official results of OGAE Second Chance Contest 2017:
- SWEDEN – Mariette – A Million Years – 329 points
- Italy – Paola Turci – Fatti bella per te – 209 points
- Ukraine – Tayanna – I Love You – 196 points
- Slovenia – BQL – Heart Of Gold – 189 points
- Lithuania – Greta Zazza – Like I Love You – 135 points
- Spain – LeKlein – Ouch! – 124 points
- Norway – Ella – Mamas Boy – 119 points
- Greece – Demy – When The Mornings Come Around – 104 points
- Iceland –Daði Freyr Pétursson – Is this love? – 86 points
- United Kingdom – Holly Brewer – I Wish I Loved You More – 80 points
- Estonia – Kerli – Spirit Animal -72 points
- Albania – Dilan Reka – Mos Harro – 44 points
- Denmark – Ida Una – One – 43 points
- Hungary – Tóth Gabi & Freddie Shuman & Lotfi Begi – Hosszú idők – 39 points
- Belarus – Nuteki – Take My Heart – 32 points
- Malta – Janice Mangion – Kewkba – 32 points
- Germany – Axel Maximilian Feige – Wildfire – 30 points
- Poland – Carmell – Faces – 26 points
- Finland – Zühlke – Perfect Villain – 14 points
- Latvia – My Radiant U – All I Know – 9 points
- Georgia (OGAE Rest of the World) – Maliibu – We Live Once – 1 point
- Portugal – Pedro Gonçalves – Don’t Walk Away – 1 point
The song A Million Years was written by Thomas G:son, Johanna Jansson, Peter Boström, Jenny Hansson and Mariette Hansson herself, who performed the song for the first time during the second semifinal of Melodifestivalen 2017. She won the semifinal and secured a spot in the Grand Final, where she finished in 4th place.
Mariette’s win in OGAE Second Chance Contest marks the fifteenth time in the history of the contest, when OGAE Sweden took the Grand Prix. It is an achievement on an unprecedented scale in 31-years-old history of the contest, as OGAE Sweden has been winning the contest in every other year on average. We want to congratulate our Swedish colleagues and wish them the very best of luck in hosting the contest next year.
Source: osc2017/eurowizja.org Photo Source: zetaboard.com